Nami Island, or Namiseom, is one of the many famous tourist attractions in South Korea that Filipinos make sure to include in their itinerary. Nami Island is where part of the Kdrama Endless Love: Winter Sonata was filmed. Nami Island is near Gapyeong District, where Petite France and Garden of the Morning Calm is located. Several tourists include Nami Island, Petite France, and Garden of the Morning Calm in one-day itinerary as these tourist attractions are within the same area.
There are a lot of tour services that offers package deals for these three famous attractions. Most of them costing more than Php3,000 to include round trip transportation from Seoul and entrance fees to Nami Island, Petite France, and Garden of Morning Calm. Kids cost the same for a tour service.
As a family, we always opt for public transport for two reasons: affordability and flexibility. Using public transport is cheaper than tour services and definitely more flexible in terms of time spent in certain tourist attractions.
Now let me share to you how to use the public transport in going to Nami Island, Petite France, and Garden of the Morning Calm.
How to go to Nami Island from Seoul using the subway?
- From Seoul Station ride the Subway Line 2 (green line) to Wangsimni Station.
- Transfer to Gyeongui-Jungang Line (light blue line) at Wangsimni Station and ride it until Mangu Station.
- From Mangu Station transfer to Gyeongchun Line (dark green line) and ride it until Gapyeong Station.
- Alight at Gapyeong Station.
- From Gapyeong Station, look for the Gapyeong City Tour Bus.
- Ride the Gapyeong City Tour Bus A course and alight at the fourth station (third stop) which is the entrance to Nami Island via Nami Island Ferry.
PS: Our Airbnb was located near Hongik Univ. Station which is already in Gyeongui-Jungang Line (GJ). From Hongik Univ. Station we rode the GJ Line to Mangu Station; transferred to Gyeongchun Line and alighted at Gapyeong Station.
The subway ride from Seoul Station to Gapyeong stations, including transfers, costs KRW2,550 (Php127.50). This ride will take almost 2 hours. Kid’s fare cost KRW1,100 (Php55).
The Gapyeong City Tour Bus cost KRW6,000 (Php300) for adults and KRW4,000 (Php200) for kids. The Gapyeong City Tour Bus has two routes: Course A and Course B. Course A will stop at 13 stations: the fourth station is Nami Island, the eighth station is Petite France, and the last station is Garden of the Morning Calm. Tickets can be bought from the bus driver of Gapyeong City Tour Bus and you only need to pay once. You can hop on and hop off the bus to visit any site in the route of Gapyeong City Tour Bus.
How to go to Petite France from Nami Island?
- Upon exit from Nami Island, look for the bus stop where you alighted from the Gapyeong City Tour Bus.
- Ride the Gapyeong City Tour Bus Course A and alight at the eighth station (four stations from Nami Island) which is the entrance of Petite France.
The bus ride from Nami Island to Petite France took almost an hour. Best to buy food at the convenience store near Nami Island station to eat while on transit.
How to go to Garden of Morning Calm from Petite France?
- Ride the Gapyeong City Tour Bus. You can ride at either A or B routes. You just have to alight at the last station which is less than a minute walk away from the entrance of Garden of the Morning Calm.
The bus ride from Petite France to Garden of the Morning Calm took almost an hour.
How to go back to Seoul from Garden of Morning Calm?
- Ride the Gapyeong City Tour Bus to Gapyeong Station. Both routes A and B stops at Gapyeong Station.
- Ride the Gyeongchun subway line at Gapyeong Station and alight at Mangu Station.
- From Mangu Station ride GJ line and alight at Wangsimni Station.
- From Wangsimni Station ride the Subway Line 2 and alight at Seoul Station.
The ride back to Seoul Station will take almost 2 hours. Cost is KRW2,550 (Php127.50). Kid’s fare cost KRW1,100 (Php55).
Traveling from Seoul to Nami Island, Petite France, and Garden of Morning Calm roundtrip cost us KRW11,100 (Php555) for adults and KRW6,200 (Php310) for kids. Breaking down the expenses for this itinerary would look like this:
|Transportation Cost||KRW11,100 (Php555)||
|Nami Island Entrance Fee||KRW13,000 (Php650)||KRW7,000 (Php350)|
|Petite France Entrance Fee||KRW10,000 (Php500)||KRW6,000 (Php300)|
|Garden of the Morning Calm Entrance Fee||KRW9,500 (Php475)||KRW6,000 (Php300)|
|Total Cost of DIY||KRW43,600 (Php2,180)||KRW25,200 (Php1,260)|
PS: You can save KRW4000 more per adult if you get a Coupon Book at Incheon Airport. The coupon book has discounts to entrance fees at Petite France and Garden of the Morning Calm.
The total cost of do-it-yourself itinerary in Nami Island, Petite France, and Garden of the Morning Calm compared to packaged tours is really cheap. Plus, you get to enjoy kid’s rate as opposed to paying adult price for kids in packaged tours. You will save a lot in DIY and it works best with our small family. But remember, as I always say, DIY is not best for travelers with small children who likes to be carried, senior citizens, and large group. If this type of commute is good for you, then enjoy! 😊